Monday, December 01, 2008

a letter to my soul

Dear Soul,
I consider you as my best friend. You have been with me since my birth. It was a long life journey with you where you showed me the right path...you are so true and so genuine. your transparency taught lessons of life.
When i was a kid, you patted my shoulders and encouraged in every step of mine. you made tough exams easier and never left me in the mid of crisis. i have always banked on you.
when i was a teenager, you made me realise -i am unlike other girls. i might not be as beautiful as other pretty girls in the college, yet you gave me a shape that was always adored by the near and dear.
when the storms were my way, you taught me how to swim against rather than run away.
when i was falling and thought of leaving my body, you convinced me to stay back and gave me a rejuvinated life filled with an understanding and maturity.
When I was in the transition phase of becoming a woman from a girl, you sustained my confusion. you always answered me when i was smothered by questions. you are my first source of compassion which i can trust upon. you assured that you are always right and can never be wrong in any which way.
but i must confess that i have been trying to run away from you. i ignored you for bad and now i repent. yet you stood by my side. your patience made me realise that ' ours would never leave us'.
i might not be as beautiful as other dazzling women of my age, but u gave me the inner beauty of which many are jealous.
i might not be having all th eluxuries in this world, but you gave me all the comfort that i need.
i might not be in love with anyone..yet you made me love everything and everyone in this world...
you filled my heart with love and compassion.
I am beacuse of you.
my dear soul, you were with me when i was born, i know you will be with me when i reach mortality, yet you would wander around in this heavenly world replenishing the joy of life...
my dear soul, i love you so much and thanks for being with me...

6 comments:

Videhi said...

how true! this invisible power within us can drive us to great heights.

Prash said...

never seen anybody who is love with one's soul this much ! what a love letter ! ;-)

Anonymous said...

neeku pitchi mudurutundi anataaniki idey taarkaanam :)


lol
J3M

swathi's said...

@ my space- i know...thats why i am always in high spirits..

@ prash - hehe once advantage of being single..you can save your words for yourself..thats what i am doing..lol

@ j3m- neeku kullu

Anonymous said...

@ swats : nee moham


j3m

Ramana KV said...

Baagundhi. Well written :)
True.. Life is what we shape it to be..