Saturday, December 06, 2008

friendship rediscovered...

"make sure he finishes his whole lunch and doesnt leave anything" said J's mom and packed the lunch box. i went downstairs with him and got into the rickshaw...this happened for 5 years. we played together, flew kites on the terraces, hide and seek in our whole locality, did homeworks together, prepared for exams without any competetion...J's home became my second home. since i missed my mom every evening, J's mom almost became my second mom. while my mom filled my breakfast plate with idli and curd rice, J' mom fed me with bread and jam..i had two homes and our friendship blossomed like fresh garden...we never fought and neither did we realise that anything could seperate us. one fine day J told me that he was going to his native place and would meet new friends and study there...i was equally excited about the whole idea and never though that I would miss him....finally during our summer vacation, J's family left for their native place. this happened in 1992 when I was too young to discovere my emotions and felt that friends are like that and being a KVite, it was quite obvious for me that no classmate of mine would stay for long...
time passed by and slowly, i grew into a teenager and then a woman...but J has been in my mind and never forgot him...i felt his absence and always wondered about the unseen yet felt emotions...with the invention of internet, I searched for him desperately in every possbile way. I checked each and every nook and corner, posted wanted columns...searched the BSNL landlines and what not...I failed by all the means...now its been 16 years yet his memories are fresh...i always thought of him as very smart boy who wore neatly pressed uniform and was highly organised. ... i always wondered, how he would look like...
thanks to orkut, i could locate J's kid brother whom I knew as the 4 year old kid then...and thus i discoevred J as well...i called him up and for almost minutes together we were just sobbing and nothing else... both of us knew that we missed each other so much and we cannot compensate these 16 years at any cost...now finally I met him...i remember him as the shcool boy..but J is more handsome now..he has all the charisma in him and i realised, He is the most handsome boy I have ever met in my whole life....J, who is a techie now is still the same old school boy who is very down to earth and kind to everyone...he is a complete man now...i couldt not believe the moment and both of us wished we could go back to our shcool days and relive every moment...
J, who has always been in my mind will remain my bestfiend forever...he is one of the few men whom I loved from my heart and I know we would never miss each other at anycost...
J is now getting married to this beautiful girl and I wish both of them very good luck...friends like J are the best example of human relations where- "though the relationship is unseen and absent, emotions are always understood and felt"...
I would never miss you again J....love u...

2 comments:

Arpita said...

WAW!!!! it was so heart touching blog, i really dont have any thing to write here for this blog, i wish you and J's friendship is not lost again. Thanks to orkut.

swathi's said...

@ arpita- thanks a ton for your wishes...