Tuesday, January 18, 2011

W-turn in my life



ahem ahem....i know its been too long. corrupted lappy, almost left job, wedding chaos, new husband and a new country...everything put me in a loop of "the busy life" and made me very very busy without any work and pay. i almost stopped visiting blogs and that depressed me further.

My life took a "W" turn, yes not just "U" turn, but I call it W turn -as the changes are totally irreversible and I cant even look back. life changed miraculously and like many women, i am referring different dictionaries to understand the meaning of this so called new life. :)

from salwar suits to saris, rupees to dollars, single to mingled, afternoon wake up to early morning wake up...everything is so new. Infact my flight from Hyd itself was memorable. As usual, my plane thing was a bit adventurous but I landed quite safely to my hubby's surprise.

Since my first step, I brought snow storm within a week. i remotely remember buying any sweater during my stay in India. My hometown has just 2 seasons- summer and peak summer. But this land seems quite different. While I was flexible in my clothing in India from sleeveless to capris, I am supposed to wear, rather drape myself completely. While I survived on Maggie and Pizzas in India, I am living on rice and variety of sabjis made at home (cooked by me). While I saw lambs, chicken, goats, cattle and many other animals on the roads and next to our houses, I see them in different forms in the menu cards (grrr)! Roads are empty, I hardly see anyone crossing the road, jumping the big/huge dividers, gossiping outside houses...
Most of the world I see is- through the window pane of our car and I am forgetting to walk.

While I am trying to adjust to my new life, I am also giving some surprises to my hubby (he calls them shocks- but I dont care!). I washed his - never washed- Iphone in washing machine...and promised him more and more services in the future.

Life is totally new for me here and am going through slight culture shock. Wish me good luck!


14 comments:

Chandrika Shubham said...

Interesting! :) I enjoyed reading ur post. :)
Hope u enjoy the changes in ur life.
Best wishes. :)

Ramana KV said...

Good read... Have fun.. :)
Kind of going through similar changes in my life here... :)

AAPREMLALL said...

Awww, it is definitely an adjustment to the luxuries of your homeland. I cannot believe it's been so long that I finally met you after 5 years for friendship my dearest behen and now that you are here, so close, yet so far, we have yet to meet face to face. I think you should live closer to NYC, we would have so much fun, as we're practically twins with our advocacy, thoughts, etc. and I can truly show you the wonders of the city. I love NYC, but long for the sun of my homeland Guyana as well. Even I miss India and found that life there was better in some ways than here.

Looking forward to hearing more about your culture shock and experiences in transforming to an American!

Arv said...

Hi Swats,

W turn sure does sound like happy times...

take care mate... cheers...

Prash said...

oh oh oh i missed many posts since i was MIA in the blogosphere for almost 4 months due to my high sensitive job nature...

where are you now ? oh ya, btw, congratulations for the wedding !!!

Cheers
prash

:) said...

W-turn sounds good for sometime unlike my life's O-turn...
I'm intreseted to know about the culture shock part. Would like to read as your upcoming post....
Take time, rest n care.

HarshaBharath said...

Congratulations...
and all the very best...

Videhi said...

finally...am glad u came back! i wondering if you have shut down this blog. Hearty congrats on this W turn and wish u a great married life.

Arpit said...

Best of luck! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Swat,

I'm a new fan for ur blog. Like 1 month ago I came across ur blog, and read all of ur awesome posts! from that day i'm waiting for ur new post. Finally, today i read ur new post..Keep writing!!

All the best for ur new lyfe.

By the way u r in which city?

Prash said...

great finally we are in the same country euh !!! hope you are not affected by the snow storm affecting the north and mid west !

Irfanuddin said...

LOls @"I washed his - never washed- Iphone in washing machine".... these type of incidents do take place at this stage of life, as there is so much happening around.....

All the best for ur married life....

first time at ur Blog... enjoyed the read....

Best wishes,
irfan

Tomz said...

Hi..a first timer here..

it seems that u wrote for the last time one month before..

anyway enjoy your new experiences and cultural shock in the new country

:) said...

It's time to write a new post.
also pls change the heading color. white on cream is difficult to read.