Wednesday, April 30, 2008

language problem!!!!

how well versed are we with our language? am not sure...i guess i am ok with hindi, english and my mother tongue, telugu..but what happens when we are assigned to do something in an alien language which is completly new to us and we are forced to work on that...
this is what happened to lavanya, my friend. read it in her own language.. she commented to my write-up on "confused cow" i am pasting it as it is...have fun!!!!!

Its never too late to comment.I never been to blogs or such but wen i saw yours its quite intersting and this cow episode, really the most funniest .I have one to share too, but that was written by me when i was in 2nd class(kashmir).I was asked to sit and write urudu test in school because they didnt know i was hindi subject student and my class teacher wasnt their to rescue me n the substitute teacher wont listen ,so they just handed me a paper with something scibbled on it, i know its Urudu but dont knows what it meant.I was just staring at the paper and turned and saw that everyone were writing seriously. I felt bad , then the teacher who handed me Question paper came, she saw that my answer sheet was blank and asked me to take help from anyone.I was very happy i asked my neighbour what this Urudu scribbling meant , she said its "Write Essay on Cow".I was relieved now i know what it meant .Again that teacher came to me and said cant you write such an easy essay, i tried to tell her i amnt urudu student but she didnt buzz, she was like "WRITE Something".I got angry on her and Voila..my creative mind started working..if she wants soemthing she is going to get that.I know wat those words meant ..so i started writing my own urudu while jumbling those words..i invented so many words dont ask me , everyone wrote just a small paragraph but i took extra sheets and filled them with my language. That teacher thought i was writing an eassay and said now your mind is working..i said proudly "YES". After a day after test my dad got notice that pricipal wants to meet him.My dad went in to the Prinicipal's office i was outside..after few minutes i joined him ..i was so scared and was crying. When i went in both principal n my dad were laughing so loudly. The prinicipal told me that i wrote the most fantastic Essay on Cow even wen i dont know Urudu. (hehehe)psst:Sorry its very elaborate!!

5 comments:

chaitanya said...

nice work by lavanya,she should be appreciated for being able to cope up with the situation and creating a new language......lol at that tender age.

thanx a lot lavanya for sharing your experience and to swats for putting it down for us !!

Lani said...

thank you chaitanya..for liking my "cow essay" :)

Lani said...

thank you chaitanya ..for liking my "cow essay" :)

Anonymous said...

when i was asked to write an essay on cow in vurudu, i did not hesitate that i do not know the language. i simply drew the diagram of a cow and write an essay on the body of the cow on a topic describing how an article can be written on any animal.

sarajenna

Anonymous said...

when i was in class 1 and was asked the similar question to write an essay on a cow in a language that i do not know, i simply answered the question.
how? took a paper, drew the diagram of a cow and wrote an essay on that.

larasara