Friday, April 11, 2008

something worst than hell....


oldage homes have always been one of my favourite holiday spots. Since a decade I have been visiting such homes and spending time with the innocent elders where I can get some genuine smile and true hellos and his.

its been a logn time since i have been there as i seldom get time here in this dirty metro. thanks to tony who wanted to donate some clothes on behalf of his company. I had a chance to visit one such home a couple of days back.

i am emotional but not at places like these where i know i have to be stable. no point in shedding tears infront of people who need your shoulder. so i have always maintained my calm. this time i was with tony, his colleagues and tulasi.
as i entered the firsth room of the home, these 3 ladies were sitting on their beds. the first one held my hand and wished me...some how my eyes became misty...but still i was stable...she started speaking to me as if she saw her daughter after a decade....she was as cordial and warm as my mother...and then she said that she misses her 5 daughters and 2 sons very much... hold on deary... i was like..u have 5 daughters..and 2 sons? and what r u doign here? where r they?

the answer from her which revealed the facts that all of them are in hyderabad and are very BUSY and have NO TIME to take care of her left me in a rage...bullshit...how come someone has no time for own parents? how can some one leave them in oldage homes just because they r paying Rs 3k bucks per month?

i was taken aback....what will be my situation at this old age...GOd...no matter what i will never leave my parents.....let it be any one in my family...i shall run an oldage home and accomodate all my relatives ...but for god's sake i will never leave them..

just imagine how it would be...the urine bags attached to the body, the legs and hands not supporting to move...the scheduled meals depriving us of our taste buds, the public rooms with 3-4 more people in the same situation and the loved ones sending the timely cheques and visiting us once or twice a month....dont you think its worst than hell? i feel so....

Ps--I am not calling oldage homes worst..but am calling the life sans loved ones the worst...

2 comments:

chandu said...

thats great swats i donno wur name...ur atleast having a word on doing good things..i also really want to help but im still in search of job..at my college days i helped poor children by making them to join in schools and stuff like that..it gives great pleasure..frm past 2yrs im not able 2 do so bcoz of my masters and in search of job..after getting i will definitely help the needy..u r doing great things and continue to do that

Sravan Kumar DVN said...

touching !