Thursday, May 15, 2008

grooms wanted...


I was going through yahoo news and found this article. its everyones note and i am like wow. i couldnot get the author's name but i appreciate her for everything as she completely read every girl's mind. thank you author. i am pasting this for all of you my lovely readers. enjoy it. Many people thought I wrote this piece. NO, I have not written this....I say again..I got it from YAHOO NEWS.

GROOMS WANTED
YAHOO NEWS/ Thu, May 8 2008- 12:45 AM

So okay, my profile is on a matrimonial website along with my contact number. Since my parents are old and I don't want to stress them, I thought it would be best to handle this business independently. Besides, I thought since I was the one getting married, I would be in a better position to evaluate profiles. Once I finalise on someone, I could get the elders involved. So 'suitable and unsuitable' parties call me on my cell phone and are surprised to know that I am the 'bride-to-be.' They wonder how I am answering their call.In charge Some are also a little awkward talking to "the bride" and request me to ask my parents to call them. I tell them they can talk to me and I am "in charge. " They pause for a bit and ask me about my family background, where do we hail from, my siblings, where we live and other trivia. Eventually they request me to email my horoscope and my 'recent' photograph.Once I was talking to a lady who was matchmaking for her son. We chatted for a bit (she was quite excited since I could speak my 'mother tongue'). She then requested me to send my 'full length' photograph. I told her to check my picture on the site, but she said she couldn't 'study' my face properly and wanted a close-up. I wondered why she wanted a microscopic view of me and even joked with her about it. But overall, I think we approved one another.At least she was not among the typical ones who gave you the shudders - being very measured in what they say or expect to hear. She was quite candid and volunteered enough information about their family background. But at the same time she was tactful enough to not act too nosy and pushy about getting info from me. Another gentleman once called, asking me if he could possibly talk to someone regarding marriage. I told him that I'd be happy to provide him with the necessary info. He was taken aback that 'the bride' herself was conducting the search.Anyway he asked for my 'horoscope' and it was decided that we would get in touch if the horoscopes matched. Ask me something Soon, the groom's brother got in touch with me, and I let him know that I'd rather hear from the 'groom' himself at this stage. I did in a few days, when 'he' gave me a call and the first thing he said was "You wanted to ask something?" Now it was my chance to be taken aback. I mentioned casually that I wanted to speak to him to know him better as a person.We got talking about families, job, hobbies and other such. He then interrupted me to ask, "I thought you wanted to ask me something".I said that I already had and bid him goodbye.
so true..isnt it?

2 comments:

chaitanya said...

guess u got some experiences as such?It would be better if you can pen down your own experiences of this sort if any !!

:) said...

HEY THE VERY TERM "SO OKAY" IS TOO HILLARIOUS. that's the begining and that's the end of the whole joke. my gaaawd. "so okay" making me laugh everytime i see your blog. without my control my fingers are scrolling down the page just to see "so okay". thanx for the best joke. its a joke for life. keep it up. keep collecting such ITEMS. ;)
love,
sans.