Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ganesh Puja

Ganesh Puja- a festival that always unites our families. I never missed Ganesh Puja in my whole life. Hence, like any other year , I was at home and joined my parents. My lil angel missed the puja as she coulnot get leave (sad :( ). I told my dad that I would join him for the shopping to buy the Idol, puja stuff and others. SO, we were out in the market. I bet, India is a hub for entertainment particularly on the days of festivals. The whole crowd is on the roads with colourful stuff being sold on the road side and people screaming at their pitch and many others bargaining at their best. I love to freak on roads during puja days and make sure even I buy everything. As usual, my dad asked me to bargain and buy the flowers. He asked me to get lotus flowers and gave me Rs5. I bought two and he got furious over my bragaining tactics, as they could have been bought for Re1 each. lol. I missed it and I thought I would prove my skills this time. So there was this banana leaves vendor and i asked him to give us some. now check my bargaining skills-
me- how much?
vendor- dus ka saat rupaya
me- dus ka saat rupaya kyo? dus ka dus rupaya me do na....
vendor- ehh??? memsaab...dus ka saat rupaya
me- nahi..bahut jyada hai. dus ka dus rupaya me do varna jaao..
vendor--ehh????
my dad - ehh?
another shopper- ehh??
hehe...i won the bargain and i thot i made the best deal when my dad shouted back at me, called me an idiot on the road and bought the stuff for Rs 7. He later asked me to shut my mouth while shopping and I was left with no other option. booohoo
I decorated the Mandap and did Puja. It is our ritual to do puja to our books as well. So, my mm asked me to get some of my books...i had only Catch 22 with me which i am reading right now. I asked my Dad if I could do Puja to my Passport for which he gave me a serious look and I again shut my mouth. I read the mantras and the story and felt happy to twist my tongue after a long time.
In the mean time, my mom prepared some 15 dishes. the usual Modak, tomato chutney, pulihora (tamarind rice), kheer, buurelu (a sweet dish) and many many many more.
No one can miss being at home during such occassions. We all wore the new dresses gifted by our angel. yeah she bought them for all of us with her first salary (I wonder, she grew up so fast and is earning..wow)
myself, dad and mom had fun, watched TV, talked for hours together, went for some shopping in the evening, visited friends and came back home.
This Ganesh Puja was certainly filled with fun and I am looking fwd to many more in the future.
May he shower blessings to all.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice write up swathi......nuvvu comedy kooda raayagaavaa ,nice to see this ,i guess recent times lo nee best blog....manchi bargaining chestaavu kada nuvvu......ee sari we wil go for shopping together,sarenaa ?

Unknown said...

May He Bless Us All.

I truely love reading your daily dose of blogging now. I don't feel writing much about my life but i love to hear from people across the globe. You write a lot but their is no single direction to it. Before you go ahead with the idea of writing a book, you should find one topic for it. Blogging is just like your personal diary online but the the writing which would make you popular should be more than a normal piece of blog.

I hope u are getting my point.

swathi's said...

@j3m - sure i am queen at bargaining..lol..u can see that through my blog..hhehee..

@ ignited minds- i do have plans of writing a book. but my knowledge is quite limited. i would surely write it if i have supporters like u. :)

swathi's said...

@j3m - sure i am queen at bargaining..lol..u can see that through my blog..hhehee..

@ ignited minds- i do have plans of writing a book. but my knowledge is quite limited. i would surely write it if i have supporters like u. :)

Anonymous said...

ee sari we wil go for shopping together,sarenaa ?

no ans for this

love all vamsi said...

thank god i never had to go shopping with you...