Monday, August 25, 2008

the Day that I can never forget



Its been ages since I cut a cake on my name. I did celebrate many of my friends' bdays. gifted and threw surprise parties and did alot'to make everyone happy. But I hardly remember anyone who did anything for me. Thats fine. I have no expectations. Hence I thought my bday this year would be just like any other year, getting calls and msgs starting from 12 midnight and getting up in the morning, fresh up, wear new clothes, go to temple and distribute sweets, and then have lunch and take rest or work and then a simple dinner and say bye bye to the day.

So, came the day when the celebrations were about to start. it was my roomy's bday the previosu day. Hence we got a chance to have double celebrations which lasted for 48 hours. we partied the whole evening at 10D and had a blast. we made the DJ announce the name of our roomy and requested him to play songs for us. the party lasted for 3 hours and we were dancing and suddenly i hear my name being announced by DJ and my whole gang is lifting me up. Wow, i never imagined this would happen and everyone started wishing me. I could not stop my joy. I received the first call from the expected person and my inbox started flooding with msgs. WOw, this is something to enjoy. The party lasted till late night and then we went on to cut the most awaited cake. after smearing and eating it, we went to our usual adda, the idli- poori joint where we can relish hot idlis, dosas and pooris during late hours. i bet one must experience the thrill of having steaming hot idlis in the cold nights.

we were exahusted enough to move on and went back to our respective nests to take a cat-nap. the rays of sun awoke all of us and yes we are together again. we partied the whole day. played TT, badminton, i did go karting, and then swam in the pool for sometime and had lotsa- lotsa fun. i never knew life would be so cheerful and happy with loved ones around. i couldnt have asked for more. everyhting was surprise to me and I swear i am the luckiest to have my gang with me. i felt the day could get extended by 20 more hours so the fun would contninue. but alas, the night broke in and we had to take leave from each other.

i came home with an unbelievable mind that kept reminding me that this is the day that i can never forget in my life. A day that taught me that people love us in various ways. A day that taught me the value of friendship. A day that taught me everything!

I thank everyone who called, messaged, mailed and scrapped wishes and i love you all from the core of my heart!

I can never forget this Day. thank you all for wishing me :)

lots of lots of love to you............

Note: Speacial thanks to B, H, T, TP and S for being with me and making my day special and sweet. Love ya...



5 comments:

Somal Thakore said...

Hi,
I don't know you directly...just stumbled here.Read your blog...found it interesting esp.the Birthday....and just to add another speck in your joy...
wishing you a HAPPY HAPPY time ahead...

regardz

Anonymous said...

Hmm... interesting read. Seems to me that you are having a whale of time. good to know that.

hehe.. I am great reader of your blogs.. just keep at it. I shall always read it at my leisure.

I have already bookmarked ur blogs.
I like you writing style.

swathi's said...

@Somal- thanks a ton for the wishes ya :)

@ senthil- Hey I am honoured. I would love to post more and more if I have readers like you. Keep reading. All of you are an inspiration for me :)

A Confused soul said...

For the past 3 years I have had crappy birthdays....
Every year i expect that the next one would be fine... but in vain..

good to hear that you had a blast...
belated birthday wishes to you....

Ramana KV said...

Hot idli's in the cold nights.. :) Not in Bangalore...