Thursday, May 15, 2008

girls and the not so good guys....

Abhinaya has been a very good friend of mine and i have always adored her for n- number of reasons. most of the times i felt, she is a photocopy of mine and ofcourse a virgo female too. we have lots in common and i love her company. now i miss her very much but thanks to the rapidly developing communication, we are always in touch. when i sent the mail to her the "grooms wanted" one, she responded immediately with her piece of write-up. she showed me this long back and i also saved it in my lappy. when she again emailed me this, i have asked her if i could make it public. she very happily gave me a nod and it is here for all of you. it is such a lovely write-up which reads the mind of every girl who is ready but not so ready for marriage.
read it and let me and abhi know what you feel..... for all the readers..my friend ABHINAYA WROTE this....
It is true that I can never warm up to an average Chowdhury guy - defined : Some software engineer, either US returned or US resident or US aspirant, neither tall nor dark nor handsome, with no sense of humor, would watch Balakrishna and Chiranjeevi movies and think they are fabulous, can not spell romance, can never think of bringing even a single zerbra along, who would be on a look out for a 'fair,slim, beautiful and educated girl from a good family background', expect his wife to come earlier from work than him and cook mutton curry for him, would expect her to be readily available for a shag though he might be sweaty,smelly and oozing grime. This person,I am sure would have stained teeth and dirt loaded nails, unkempt feet with unequally crimped toe nails (with the skin dry and white beyween the toes and at the heel...yuck!!).He would possibly be wearing every shirt 38 times before he would give it for a wash. His sucker friends would dicuss bitches at work and indulge in cheap humor which comprises of replaying Bramhanandam jokes or some other cheapster's (is there a word like cheapster??...never mind..). His dad would probably have issues with me wearing my A-line and his mother with me leaving my hair open. To add to it, they would expect my dad to cough up a good lot as 'dowry', which my dad would gladly do.
Damn!Damn!Damn! what crap. but mom and dad do not want to understand. I DO NOT WANT TO MEET UP WITH SUCH CRAPPY CRAZY MANIACS,DAMN IT!!yeah, yeah, I know...they will not be all this bad would be the arguement...but most would be like this...and I am not meeting up with 1000 maniacs to locate that one person...if it is meant to be, it will happen...you may buy my theory,you may not...but as of now,I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF GETTING MARRIED. I AM JUST NOT READY FOR IT.and I do not know if I would ever be...but definitely I am not getting married to some random guy I would meet up with through some marriage bureau by sending my pictures flying off in all directions across the globe. NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAY.
Thanks Abhi for contributing such a wonderful piece...
what do u say guys?

5 comments:

Trinity's Infinity said...

Loved reading wht Abhinaya wrote....If I have the right to dream; if I have the right to live with dignity, if my parents have moulded me such that I am an independent, self assured, responsible woman, why can't I choose my partner with the same dignity? Why can't I choose who deserves to be the father of the dignified woman; I'll be a proud mother of.... When can I get over the boundaries I was bound in...the fences drawn around me of being a Brahmin, a Chaudhary, a Telugu, a Bengali, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Christian.....the list goes on....When, after all, when can I smile freely and love freely with my head held high.....

chaitanya said...

loved reading what trayee wrote than what abhinaya did !!

Aruna said...

No Comments.. ;)

Wish abhi and trayee's dreams get fulfilled. :)

With my experience, I can tell u guys that, have the requirements clear. Be with open mind and be flexible enough. Dont try to wait for that perfect someone for a long time. No one is perfect. No one is ideal. :) This is what you will understand if you play it rigid. :)

Kishan said...

Absolutely perfect and this is how every girl should think and face their parents when they bring a "nice guy" with decent salary to get their daughter married off.

I often can't find the right words when my friends question me on why an arranged marriage, that too with in a sub-caste is silly and fundamentally wrong. This post sums it up all.

Everybody (either girl or a guy)should be able to look past the things like how fair the other person looks and how much they earn and which caste they belong to. It is better to be single for the entire life rather than making a compromise.

I had a similar discussion with my dad when he asked me to marry his sister's daughter. I tried to argue with him but he went on discussing on what life is all about and how I don't have a clue about it. I finally gave up and thought there is no way to discuss these things logically with parents and plainly said "No".

It's not just girls but guys (at least some) think the same way.

swathi's said...

@ trayee- sahi hai trayee...even at time i feel we r still bound by the castes, creeds, society and bla bla bla...i swear..i wud liek to see the day when we marry humans not the replicas of castes and religions

@chaitanya- thanks for the comments

@aruna- well said aruna...even i feel we should be storng in our thoughts and opinions

@kishan- hey kishan i understand...the situation happens with everyone an dnot just girls...i guess u r doing good in ur life now...