Friday, February 03, 2012

Economically Green Child

While the global market is sinking and crying out loud in the name of recessions, there is one sure shot trend of economy, which will never sink! Let it be tsunami, typhoon or an earthquake! This economy never sinks and with each threshold, it shoots up. I call it Green Economy. Yeah, you heard me right. I have seen it for decades and I never saw it sinking or suffering turbulence unlike other forms of economy. Let me explain my story and how I have been part of this never sinking Green Economy aka Environmental Economy.

While girls of my age enjoyed playing board games and doll up Barbie, I enjoyed climbing trees and inspecting the gardens. Life for me, has been very exciting and I always stood out in the crowd for the way my mind works. I still remember the day when my teacher made a remark in my progress report saying “Intelligent. Smart but Talkative”. No one imagined, I will turn out to be a good speaker over the period of time giving lectures on being green and eco friendly. No wonder, I was chosen by All India Radio to sing a song- wait - not classical or a folk song. It is a song on protecting environment. Again, I had no clue why I was singing a song on how I wanted to plant trees and protect environment! As I grew up, I started having tough time with the juggling numbers in Mathematics. I never understood why Newton was not hungry enough to eat the apple and not burden me with Laws. The polymerization techniques in chemistry surely annoyed me. I was amnestic for history to study about wars and industrialisation. But there was one chapter, which had an imprint on my mind. I enjoyed reading every word in it and still remember how food chains and ecosystems work. When my idlebrain could not make it to a Medicine seat, my father was more than worried about how I would establish my career. The course in Environmental Management drew my eyes and there I go! Not an engineer or a doctor, but I intended to become an environmentalist. A Graduation, Masters, Mphil and 2 diplomas there was no looking back.

Every Individual is a born environmentalist. There is no surprise if I say earth has 6 billion environmentalists (this is a blog and not a scientific report. So, excuse me for stats). What if every one of us takes a small pledge and contribute a little to drink clean water and see clear sky and let the ice caps be themselves and not melt. We can help the Green Economy multiply day by day and increase the sustainability.

I enjoy being an environmentalist where I need not bother about the AC rooms, laptops with internet and dresses to wear to the work place. All I need to care about is to save mother earth from getting perished and let the public know the difference between Need and Greed. I am doing my part. What about you?

People say my blog is 'info-taining'. So, here I end with an ancient Sanskrit note which is dated (not radioactively) to 1000 years-

"Vriksho Rakshathi Rakshitaha"- Save the trees, you will be saved by them.

Go green buddies. Save the economy, yeah you heard me right, the Green Economy.

7 comments:

bathalasubhash said...

swathi !!!!
its very nice read to ur blog which is very informative.

regards,
Subhash

tej said...

Wowwww, Swathi great ......
what an fantastic though, really there is 6 billion environmentalist who does not need any training for save environment.

Arpita said...

Awesome blog Swathi, u r excellent writer and i know, by heart u r truely an environmentalist.

Deepak Karthik said...

Wonderful.... you inspired me :)
the way you take your readers to the core is amazing.
salute.
*-Dee..

Jack said...

Swats,

Visited after a gap of 3 months, a little more actually. Read 3 pending posts. What you said about FB is so very true. Though I am not on FB but I have heard a lot of persons speak about it. It is for us to see positive points of any place and adjust. We do have a tendency to just say something against any place as it seems to be in thing. You are really doing a good job which is surely needed at this juncture as proved by the SHALOKA you quoted.

Take care

Rika said...

Awesome post and infotaining indeed! Came here via Maya's blog and now I'm following it! I have a similar post on the garbage we buy, here:

http://rads-blogazine.blogspot.com/2009/04/garbage-we-buy.html

if you're interested in reading.

Rika said...

Awesome post and infotaining indeed!
Came here via Maya's blog and now am following it!